martes, el 7 de mayo de 2013



Buenos noches!!

Knock on madera…it is 745pm and we have made it through this crazy día.

Max was up at 530am again…the good news being that he was asleep at 730pm and only wok up a few times during that 10 hour stretch.

But being up early and having an early siesta, and a shorter one at that, could have led to some post cena issues, but Max was a trooper.

He was pooped during dinner and tina time, but caught his 3rd or 4th wind during post tina time. After some reading and then crazy bouncing, I left madre to her magic and after 20 minutes, Max was lights out (passed out?) in his cuna.

Another easy shift for The Whisperer.

Our día? Madre had Max and at 615am I heard an alarm clock (huh? In Mexico?) and that meant it was time for me to get up and head to the hospital and get in line for Max’s vacunas.

Madre y Max would meet me at 8am, but the line up starts before 7am and then at around 730am, the enfermera, nurse, hands out numbers.

Then usually, at 8am, the vacunas start happening.

So today at 645am, I am in my seat outside the consultorio, and I am first in line. Some peeps come strolling in and we all say hola and talk about how temprano, early, it is.

At 730am, out pops the nurse and a mini stampede occurs. Normally everyone plays fair and knows what order we all arrived in. Today, some senora decides to butt in front of me, and even gives me a timida look when she does it.

I could have protested, but decided to help strengthen Mexican-Canadian relations by accepting the 2nd number handed out…which was #22. Don’t ask me why the 2nd number is 22.

Back to our seats to wait and I witness a 4 year old screaming at the top of his lungs. He does not want to go into an oficina and finally his padre grabs him, picks him up and off they went.

The door closed behind them, you heard more screaming and then silence. Five minutes later they came out and all was well. A little dramatic, mi pequeno amigo?

Compare that to our hijo and his 10 seconds of crying…muy fuerte our lil’man!!

Any who…the nurse starts early….oh oh. The familia is not expected until 8am. Doph.

#21 gets called in and I give her the evil ojo. And at 755am, our number is called. I call out #23 and we swap numbers and she is muy feliz, happy.

And of course one minute later, the familia rolls up on the bici. Ja ja ja

I show Bex the #23 and she almost has a heart attack thinking we had 4 hours to wait. Oh padre…mal chiste!!

As we got settled in for the wait, 3 hombres set up an easel and conducted an information session on AA, Alcohólicos Anónimos, right there in the waiting room.

Now I do not know the numbers, but I figure with the cheap beer y booze, alcohol is an issue for many Mexicanos. I do know within and 5 minute walk of our casa, I can find at least 4 buildings that house daily AA meetings.

Only 15 minutes of waiting, or chasing Max as we like to call it, and then we were up.

We have had this nurse a few times and today she finally broke down and was more then just business like. Nice to chat with her and she asked more about us y Max.

A quick needle, very few tears, and we were off.

We have one more vacuna in a month and then we are good to go until Max’s 4th birthday!!

Madre was pooooooped and headed home on the bici, while the boys headed to Che.

No scores at the Che and then off to Isssste where we scored on panales and found a gatito…that Max fell in love with.

Off to say hola to Tony and inquire about the estancia infantile his sister in law works at. He will get back to us, but was humored by the fact that we want one that is big enough for Max to prowl in, one that will let us hang out with him and one that understands we will only be bring Max there one or two times a week…for an hour or so.

Crazy Canadiense!!

Then it was home time and leche time. Madre had not really gone to sleep, but was more in a slumber mode in Max’s room…waiting patiently to give the lil’man his milk.

So she took the siesta con Max and padre put away groceries, ran some errands and puttered around.

A little worried about the 1130am wake up, as normally Max is asleep from 11am’ish until 1pm’ish, but we have already covered that.

Me? Off to el gimnasio, a stroll through town so I could catch up with mi amigo Daniel, and then some sol time at the alberca.

Madre y Max hit up playa Santa Cruz where Max LOVED the olas and his version of body surfing.

We all arrived home at the same time and after some leche, they went for a prowl and after my sol time, it was PM rutina prep as well as getting la cena ready.

Dinner, tina time, book time, bounce time and bedtime…and you are all caught up.

Fotos

From our post siesta (phew it was hot) prowl. Max helping Hector out.




Not a peeping Max...he was checking out the pipes.


Uh no padre, I was peeping!!


This expression means "I am not going THAT way padre".


And he meant it.



But he did stop to see if I was following.


Making amigos by picking some flowers. Oh Max.


Hmmmm...zapatería...shoe store.


Adios padre.





Welcome to the world of Max's prowls. Peeps here are used to seeing the lil'man come in, take a look and then either wave adios, blow them a besito, or both. And most of the peeps in these tiendas, are happy to see him.

Nothing caught his eye in the shoe store.


But next door? Pelotas!!


Hola, mi nombre es Max...and I am goofy...and cute!!


You tell me what he has spotted driving by.





If you said autobus, you would have been correct.

We were thirsty after all that walking in the hot heat, (33,0 grados on 70% humido...about 45,0 grados) so Max pulled in for a beverage. Oh it was a big beverage!!


And after a few sips, Max got loopy and started playing the invisible piano.





And then the suds really started to have an affect on the lil'man.




It isn't a party until the table cloth is over you head!!


On the walk to el gimnasio, I spotted this camioneta for sale. Did you know that Mexico used the dollar sign before the United States did?


Probably get a good deal...it might need brake work.


Interesting flowers on this blooming arbol.



Misc

When I sent off my pasaporte application, I purchased a return waybill and today I decided to enter that tracking number in the DHL website, just to see if maybe my pasaporte was on the way.

Ta-da!! Looks like my package was picked up today and that means I might have a pasaporte in my hands by jueves!! Stay tuned.

Mañana? Sleep in? Ja ja ja

Hopefully our normal’ish rutinas and then I have the ride out to Mojon con Rick.

Jueves? Off to INM to see if Max’s new FM3 is ready to go!!
  
We end with a foto from today, and one from 11 months ago.



A little too big for a sink bath after lunch?

Have a great miercoles, and tonight, good luck to the Canucks. Yikes.

Marco, Bexico y Max


No comments:

Post a Comment