viernes, el 15 de febrero de 2013


Buenos noches!!

A lot was accomplished today!! First up was the AM rutina con Max, which included a great walk around centro y the zocalo.

No need for the 7am sprinkler show (phew) as when they are not turned on, Max does not seem to notice. But if it is a windy morning and the trees are blowing in the wind, you better finish desayunos in a hurry and get the lil’explorer outside quick!!

No wind today and the morning was cool’ish, but it sure warmed up quick. We have been seeing lows in the 24,0 grados and highs at almost 34,0 grados…it is going to be a hot summer!!

No siesta for padre as he had to meet up with his mecanico, so madre took over at 10am and really had Max for the complete day.

The two of them had the siesta, some comida and then were going to hit the parque, but the lil’man let madre know that he was into other things, so they popped by el gimnasio to say hola, and then had a great session in the alberca at the CP.

My day? Always fun to visit Tony’s taller, shop, as there are always a group of hombres hanging around and chatting it up, and many a taxista stop by for a quick tune up or advice.

Quite the hub of activity and everyone wants to check out the gringo and his camioneta, the one with the 6 cylinder turbo charged engine….muy raro here in Huatulco.

Things always change for the better when I clarify that I am not a gringo, and then all the questions come flying at me. How much did the truck cost? How expensive are the llanta, tires? How’s the gas mileage? Why is your español so malo? Ja ja ja

I always bring a Coke for Tony y padre, and they always appreciate it and treat me well. After changing the filtro de gasolina as well as crawling under the truck to install the 4 bolt stoppers, Tony is prepared to let me go with out charging me anything.

It doesn’t work that way for me, so $100 pesos and he is happy.

The filtro de aire was dirty, and the filtro de gasolina was almost clogged, so by replacing both, we should see some better gas mileage. If not, I will return and we will run the scanner on the O2 sensors.

Tony jumped in the camioneta to take me to the Firestone shop where both he and his padre suggest I get the tire rotation y alineación, but first we pit stopped at a tienda and picked up some motor oil for an oil change I need soon.

Muy caro for the synthetic stuff, but it is good and with the heat here, it is needed. But I just checked online and 6 litros at Canadian Tire would actually be $20 pesos MORE then I just paid.

No filtro de aceite at this tienda so I will grab one from Nissan. I also need to order a few gomas de horquilla (stoppers?) as well as another filtro de aire. Why another filter when I have just bought a new one?

The one I bought is the lower grade one and will not stop as much polvo (dust) as the original one we had installed. A good tip from Tony. So now I need the part number via mi mecanico in Burnaby and will see if it can even be ordered here. If not...hola to the abuelos in marzo!!

After the oil stop, off to Firestone and Tony confirmed all the deets. I dropped him off back at his taller and then went back to Firestone, where I was told it could take 90 minutes and would cost $300 pesos.

A tire rotation, an alignment and 40 minutes later and I was on my way. The tech said there was just a minor adjustment and all is good. Phew!!

Home, time for my comida and then off to el gimnasio. There I see Galdino the patron, owner, hasn’t found a day staff member yet, and he is manning the counter again.

On miercoles I showed up at 230pm and he asked me to watch the gym until 3pm when Anita was due to arrive, and I said sí and he left.

Hoy, he asked me the same question and I said sure. The only issue? I arrived at 240pm and when I left at 4pm….no Anita. Doph. I walked by the tiangus on my way home, looking for Galdino as he is sometimes there, but did not see him. I guess I will find out mañana what happened?

I headed home and found the familia having alberca time. I headed into the condo to start dinner and the PM rutina. All good and after a FT con Oma y Opa, some leche and caballo time, Max used up his 30 minutes con madre and took 5 minutes of my time before he was lights out.

So, at 830pm, you find me blogging away, Max sleeping and Bexico hard at work in her oficina. Good news is that Bex is a few signatures away from having a contract signed and an agreement for 3 films!! Each film is about a minute long, but will be 45 hours of work. Cha ching!!

Fotos.

Headed out for the AM walk and Max decides to check in on our neighbors.




Down this alley live a few perros that Max hears but cannot see.




This is the look of a lil'níno who wishes he could have seen the perros.



So here is what happened prior to this next foto being taken. Max saw a bunch of globos (balloons) affixed to the tienda. He was soooo excited, he dropped his bandera.


He then came running to me and ah ah'd, hoping I would take one. Sorry Max, the tienda was cerrado and padre is NOT about to pinch a globo while in Mexico!!

The almost foto as I almost had a foto of Max in this plastic crate.


And how famoso is Max around Huatulco?


Group rate of $40 pesos.


And another $40...score!! Note the niña watching and wondering why Max is so famoso.


IKEA spring sale.


This hombre works at the smaller tienda de fruta y verdura and here he is making a delivery. All but one of the peeps that works at that tienda are always friendly to us and especially Max.


And look who I found in the alberca when I came home from el gimnasio!!





Mañana? El gimnasio and hola to some Nascar!! Domingo is Mojon.

Proxima semana? Maybe Pochutla y Puerto on lunes, we want to take Max to the estancia infantile for a few hours and he also needs a vacuna on 20 de febrero, the day of mi padres cumpleaños!!

Misc

Not sad to say that our downstairs neighbors  have packed up and left. No more smoke and the sound of crying niños.

Ran into Roman at Che. He said the team did some more cleaning our lot and also said the Mayor of the town that runs Mojon, was coming down to Mojon for dinner.

Roman is good at greasing the wheels of office and is going to try and get some $$ for road work, as well as try and figure out how to clean up all the garbage the dumb a** peeps leave at exit from the highway and at the entrance to the road to the playa.

Great news all around!!

New word for Max? He is working on saying ketchup!! He has a libro where the word ker-plunk is spoken and he likes both words that start with “k”.

Update on the secadora? Removing the built up lint at the exhaust vent did the charm…all is good!!

Buen fin de semana!!

Marco, Bexico y Max


No comments:

Post a Comment