lunes, el 21 de enero de 2013


Wow…where to start with this update?

How about last night at 9pm’ish and Max is asleep and madre is heading to bed as well, as she was not feeling well.

So I had Max duty and all was well until 1030pm when he did NOT want to go back to sleep in his cuna.

Ok, that means I was ending my night early and coming to sleep with him.

No complaints there and the boys were soon fast asleep, until 330am that is.

Padre woke up with some stomach issues and chugged back some Pepto with no success. The discomfort was getting worse so I had to wake madre up to make sure she took care of the lil’guy.

Me? All of a sudden it feels like a knife is being driven into my stomach, just below the rib cage. Ugh. Next thing I know I am on the floor, laying on my back, trying to see if this will pass.

Ah, no. Here comes the sweating and hyperventilating and the pain is the most intense I have ever experienced. Broken noses and emergency appendectomy have nothing when compared to what I was feeling.

Madre hears the moaning, which soon turned into a vocal yell, and comes out with Max. Time to call the doctor and madre handled it all like a trooper.

Here I am on the floor, I cannot even talk due to the pain, and madre is taking care of the boys.

I get a 2 minute break from the pain and then it starts up again and even more intense.

After what seems like 30 minutes and is more likely 10, Dr Carillo arrives and sees me sprawled on the floor and screaming in pain.

Now I have had a similar episode a few months back and the meds he gave me took effect right away. I wasn’t so lucky last night. First it seemed like he was taking an hour to prepare the syringe (3 minutes) and then it took 15 minutes for the pain killer to work it’s magic.
I was begging for more until it took effect and I guess our neighbor came out at 4am to see what the hey was going on and Silverio at the gate (once he was awake) could hear some screaming. Doph.

No prognosis, but it might be something to do with my pancreas and over the next few days, I am headed for a blood test and an ultrasound of my belly.

Not sure the deets on pancreatitis, but it occurs in peeps that drink a lot of booze (not me) or eat a lot of greasy food (again not me). So we will have to see what is up as there is no way I want to be living on a deserted playa and have this happen to us in the middle of the night, 30 minutes away from town.

$1000 pesos for a 330am house call…not bad.

But how was hoy, today? What a right off. For the complete día, I have been drained of all energy.

Madre has been a TROOPER as she was not feeling great when she went to bed, but had to spring into action 6 hours later.

She took the day, pretty much the complete día and that makes me thankful, but a little disappointed that I could not help out very much.

I slept in until 830am, had a short walk with the lil’guy, back to bed from 10am until 1pm and then lazed around the bed most of the afternoon.

Had another siesta while the familia had siesta #2 and when they went to the playa, I slept even more.

Happy to say I did drag my butt out of bed long enough to take the lil’guy for a pre-cena walk, allowing madre to set him up for la cena and getting the PM rutina set up as well.

My belly is still sore, apple sauce and a banana for dinner…yikes.

745pm and madre is on the first tuck in shift and if I am up to it, I will go in and close the show.

Off to chill for 15 minutes and will see if I have any fotos to share.

Phew…the lil’guy fell asleep next to me on the recamara and I managed to get him into the cuna!!

Only 2 fotos today.



Mañana? Let’s see how everyone is feeling, and then we will go from there. We do have to suss out the blood test and ultrasound.

Have a great martes.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment