viernes, el 26 de agosto de 2011


Hola amigos.

630pm and time for some updates before la cena y el partido de rapido at 9pm.

First things first….RJ y Roly…keep an eye on this website as you two are in the path of Irene!!!


We hope the rest of your trip is a safe one!! Buen viaje!!

Next up…Feliz Cumpleaños Jackson!! We hope you had a great birthday and mañana, you have a great fiesta!!!

Secadora news? Mañana I am told…holding my breath!! Ja ja ja

Tanque news? Lunes I am told, pero mi mecanico sufrió un accidente. He was not at Nissan today and el seguridad told me he hurt his hand. Maybe I can get an update from Carlos at el partido de esta noche.

Inmigracion news? We are legal for un año mas!! We went in and after a 15 minuto wait, we had 10 minutes of signatures y fingerprints and we received our nueva Forma de No Inmigrante!! And they even extended their expiry date to the end of September, when our originals were to expire. Easy peasy and we will share our lista to help otra personas!!

No news on the batería de mi camera. Oh well.

So our day was as we stated ayer. Inmigracion, Café Juanita for some libros, Fonatur for recycling, Nissan and then Che. No ah ha’s at Che…except maybe the Kit Kat bar!! Ja ja ja

When we got home, Bexico did the Fruver run and I got ready for el gimnasio.

Bexico spent her day working, threw in a quick siesta y some alberca time. She has landed the logo contract for England and her other contract is the stick figure animation for Australia.

Me? A very warm walk to el gimnasio and it was only hotter when I got there. 

¿Por que?

Imagine if you can, this is one of three windows upstairs in el gimnasio.



Minus the broken glass, that is exactly what 2 windows now look like. I came into the gym and someone has built an addition to their casa, blocking off the windows!! You think it was hot before? Ja ja ja

Good work out and then a quick stroll through town. Hola to Daniel and then home for alberca time.

The rest of my day? Web browsing and making sure I am staying on top of our to do list. That meant a few emails to Vancouver, checking up on the condo there etc.

Misc

And I thought there were a few bad drivers here. Look at this story from the Vancouver Sun.


Did I read that right? Richmond. Hmmmm? Ja ja ja

As I was walking towards the centro despues de el gimnasio, I came upon a checkpoint manned by 10 Policia Municipal con machine guns…as well as 5 tamarindos.

They had no less then 20 motos pulled over as well as a few camionetas y carros. I asked a policia “¿sin papels?” (without papers), and he said sí.

Not sure what was happening to all the motos, but many a school kid were just standing next to their possibly confiscated motos. No fun.

I did see a few tamarindos get into the passenger seats of the cars and they drove off. I actually caught up to one and they were deep in conversation. They were not talking about the weather, but more likely the size of the donativo or as they call it here, mordido…translated as “the bite”.

For a few pesos all your troubles will go away.

Our camioneta? Almost 100% legal. We registered it when we crossed the border and we have Mexican insurance. The “almost” part? When we crossed the border, the truck registration was tied to our 6 month tourist visas as we did not have our FM3s yet.

I guess when we received our FM3 we were supposed to notify some government agency in DF and update our visa/FM3 number.

When I leave the country in a few weeks, I have to stop and give them back their registration sticker, or else I will not be able to bring the truck back into Mexico when I return in December. This is when I will find out of there is any issue with the “almost” legal.

And upon my return, I will ensure they have our correct FM3 numbers. Lots of paperwork and lots of little fees. Bienvenido de Mexico!!

Ok gang, 730pm and time for some oh so good chorizo quesadillas.

Will finish this update despues de partido de rapido.

Saludos.

Well, this is a first. The 9pm start for the partido, must have actually been on time as I got to the campo at 920pm and the game was over by 940pm. Ja ja ja

Carlos was not at the game as he was in DF taking a one day course for Nissan.


As for Tony…guess who had a transmission fall on his mano? It slipped onto his right hand, broke his index finger at the 2nd knuckle, and split his finger open from tip to palm. Lots of sangre he said and he also became very light headed.

He went to IMSS, the free health care provider, and was out in 4 hours or so. No work for a month and he says he does get paid insurance from Nissan.

As for the instalación de tanque? He is going to meet me at Nissan on lunes at 130pm, we will pick up the tanque and take it back to his casa, where he and his padre will install it. Ahhhh Mexico.

How do I feel about this? Good for several reasons. I trust him, his padre is a mecanico as well and I will end up paying Tony direct for the instalación. Stay tuned.
Prior to heading to the game, I had a good iChat with mis padres. Seems like everyone is excited for us to get back to Canada…and have a niño!! Good chat, always nice catching up and I prefer the video chat vs email or a phone call.

Is it already fin de semana? Well we have quite the weekend planned!! Mañana is all about el gimnasio, possibly the carpinteros and can you say Nascar for 630pm?

Domingo? Hello cumpleaños!! Lots of chill-laxing and the day starts with Bexico’s request of cerdo hash para desayunos…even though we had it last week!! Nice dinner at Crystal Rose…hello coconut camarones.

Have a buen fin de semana!!

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment