lunes, el 15 de agosto de 2011

Hola amigos.

First off…I just read the news. RIP Rick Rypien...ex-Vancouver Canuck.

Quite a day here in Huatulco and we start off with more sad news. I bought another pila charger for the Canon…and it made no difference with the battery. Ugh. The charge light turns green right away, but when the battery is in the camera, nothing.

Is it possible that I am 4 more weeks in Mexico as well as 1 week on the road back to Vancouver…sin camera? Ugh. Stay tuned.

Any battery fixing suggestions out there?

Bexico had another busy day. She spent 4 hours working on her current animation project and also spent some time crunching numbers for the NJ project.

NJ has raised their budget but the next step is for a detailed Skype so Bexico can confirm all the details of each of the 19 drawings so she does not agree to a contract that will not pay fair value for her work. Stay tuned.

Misc tid bit….not sure how “page views” are calculated on the Blogspot.com, but this blog is now over 10,000. Thank you all for staying tuned in.

Mi día? Up early and hit inmigracion for 905am. (yeah that is early here…ja ja ja). But of course they were not ready, so the hombre with the machine gun asked me to come back in 10 minutes.

No one else in line today and after sitting for only 10 minutes, an inmigracion senorita arrived for work and took me into her oficina. I showed her the letter I had typed out, and she added one line. I then confirmed the lista of items I needed when we return, and she added one item to that list too. In and out in 15 minutes!!

Tonight I spent some time getting our inmigracion packages together and after filling in some financial info on one more letter, we should be ready to go. The plan is to return on jueves at 9am and see how it all goes.

If it goes well, I will pass this info on to our amigos Mike and Alison who we met last year at the same oficina. They are up in Canada but will be back soon and will also need to renew their forma de no inmigrante.

Inmigracion is 5 minutes from home, in Santa Cruz. Muy tranquilo there at this time of year…no tourists or cruise ships yet.

On the way back home, stopped off at Elektra and bought our lavadora y secadora!! And using all español, I managed to get it ordered into the computer, pay for it and have it picked up and delivered. Phew. $250 pesos to have them picked up and delivered to the third floor…quite a deal for around $20 Cdn.

Talking about pesos…the markets may have tanked (yet 3 days in a row of positive growth) and our dollar has dropped 4 cents vs the greenback, but the Cdn dollar is on a tear vs the peso!! So off to el banco where I bought some more pesos at 12.08 to the Cdn dollar. Cha ching.

Back to the w/d. They are in B10 and I cleaned out the laundry room so we are all ready for the cambio (change) on the secadora and installation on both. Stay tuned.

Off to el gimnasio under overcast skies. Two days in a row of this nube thing and we actually had some showers in the late afternoon and early evening. The good part? Very low humido!!

Great workout and then said hola to Sergio. He is thinking about studying solar power with the thought being that maybe he will start a business here. He knows it will be for only foreigners as the locals will not be able to afford it, but maybe some of the hotels will go green.

$560 pesos later for the charger…and had to work my way through a very busy tienda as all the madres y niños were in there getting their school ID fotos taken.

Grabbed some great plátanos and off to alberca time. Brrr…frio!! The water was great, it was the viento (wind) once you got out…poor Bexico y niño…ja ja ja

Busy afternoon on the computer and despues de la cena (day two of the burgers), I went out to watch the partido de rapido. 730pm was the time I had been told, and they are ALWAYS tarde (late), but today at 8pm I found only Carlos.

I am not sure if I missed the partido or not, but I did understand that a coach, on another team, had his padre pass away so there was some sort of postponement of a game. Tonight’s game? No sé.

So back home I went and here we are.

Misc

Hector came back and painted the patched up holes. Looks good and he was happy making $100 pesos for the work. He is a funny hombre, most often looking very serious. I have asked him if he speaks ingles, and he says no…but we think he speaks more then he lets on and today I told him so in español. Ja ja ja

No fotos :(

But here is a very funny animation that Bexico sent me.


Our martes? I might hit up Telmex and see what needs to be done to get B10 fired up and end G10 on Sept 14. Che is in there and of course el gimnasio.

El doctor is on miercoles y we will probably grab a bite to eat at a local restaurante run by a couple with a newborn niño. Hopefully good food (better then Crappy Kraut) and some info on things like pediatricians!!

Hasta mañana amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment