lunes, el 29 de agosto de 2011


Buenos noches all!!

Good news? Daniel tells me that a new batería is on the way. Phew, as I know most of you are tired of hearing about Hurricane Irene and what we ate for dinner.

R&RJ are a-ok…lost some power for a few hours.

We ate leftover meatballs for dinner.

Now that we have that out of the way….our day.

Up early and then off to Nissan to try and head Tony off. You may recall I was to meet him at 130pm, but forgot about our comida…lunch date. I don’t have his number and asked Carlos to ask him to meet me at Nissan mañana.

I haven’t seen the new tanque…but I am told it would be at Nissan by noon. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

After Nissan, off to Che to pick up an incandescent light bulb. They don’t sell them at many places here…good on one hand, bad on another. I cannot get the lights in the ceiling ventiladors to work with the mini fluorescent bulbs.

Any who…asked Hector if I could borrow a ladder to change the luces in the bedroom. They are 10 feet above the floor…doph. Up he comes with the escalera and 5 minutes later…I see light!! I dropped him 20 pesos for the help, and even that he did not want to accept. He is a nice guy…a bit too serio, but oh well.

Then off to el gimnasio and a so-so work out. Not too hot today as it was slightly over cast in the morning, but just a baja energia día. Low energy day.

As for the weather, cleared up nice for the afternoon alberca time and then we had some nice showers start up at 6pm. Now at 10pm, no rain, but we can hear the rumbling from the montaña.

After el gimnasio, home for a quick shower and then off to West Park Café for the birthday lunch. I had invited Randy and Karen to join us, so it was a nice surprise for Bexico. And then they picked up the tab…nice surprise for me!! Ja ja ja

Great food again…good work Max.

Tranquilo day after that. Pool, some work for Bexico, and I went back to Che because I forgot to pick up some Parmesan cheese for the pasta!!

So where are we at with B10? Almost there. Today the locks were changed…the spare keys filed down by hand. Hello old school!! This week Roman will finish installing the duct for the secadora, install a shower curtain rod in the baño del segundo piso, and plug a hole where some hormigas are coming in.

We have a cleaning scheduled next week, and then the week after, we are moving in.

Bexico’s work update? I think all she has on the go right now is some character design for China and a movie for Australia. But I also know that she has several “maybe” contracts lined up too.

In her business, it is important to always be out there applying for these contracts as it seems to always be feast or famine.

Misc

The markets were better today and the Cdn dollar seems to hover a few cents above the US dollar, but the Cdn dollar vs the peso? Since May 31, it has gone from 11.8 pesos/dollar to 12.7…that is a 8.5% appreciation. At least I am making money somewhere!! Ja ja ja

Mañana? Tanque is the big ticket item. Wish me luck.

Hasta luego.

Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment