Sunday October 23, 2011


Hola all. How was your Sunday? Ours? Tranquilo!!

Best part of our day (together) was the walk to Harbourview Park, here in North Vancouver.

Best part of my day (solo)? How about free dinner and bevies? Courtesy of SL….hello Mexican geography!! I am not going to rub it in…he was the ONLY one who was interested in Gato Negro!!

Fotos from our walk. And let me tell you…super friendly peeps here in N Van. Must have been a dozen peeps who said hola and wanted to wish us well with the niño.

Here are some North Shore Mountains.



The second foto is of Grouse Mountain. In a few weeks we will see the first snow fall up there...and then the snowboarders and their tabla de nieve (snowboards)!!

We walked through a small forest to get to the park and stopped to wash some clothes.


Just kidding…but someone does obviously live there. It reminds me of one of the big differences between Huatulco and Vancouver.

Yes, in Huatulco there are many people that we in Vancouver would consider poor. Heck, Daniel my Fonatur amigo makes $8 Cdn a day.

But…as I drive to mi el gimnasio, I pass Oppenheimer Park and several times a week I see hundreds of people in line ups waiting for free food. This is something we do not experience…people in line ups looking for food.

I don’t have the solution, I am just making an observation.

Misc fotos from the walk.


Huge tires…must have been 10 feet tall.





The view of Vancouver from the end of the walk.



The rest of our day? Eating. Yikes. I need to hit the gym mañana!! Ja ja ja

Some good eats for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Can you say hello to the free box of mini chocolate bars we received from Stupid Store for spending a certain level of $$??

Nascar race was ok…the 2x2 racing can be a yawner. NFL? I sure wouldn’t want to be the one to pay go see the Browns beat the Seahawks 6-3 (boring), or to see Miami lose again…or to see Indy get their butts kicked 62-7. Yikes.

I did head out to New West to meet up with my amigo SL. Great to catch up and watch some baseball. And who knew I could get a free night out of it by confirming some geography...of the country I live in!!

So, squeeze in a little baseball (Texas 4-0 over St Louis) and that was really my day. Hey…gotta get the sports in while I can!!

I was looking at the blog from a year ago…all I did was watch football and go for a walk!! Ja ja ja

I will provide the link to 2010’s blog if there are some good fotos or interesting ah-ha’s about Mexico/Huatulco.

Mañana…nothing special. Tuesday is back to the mid wives…2 weeks and counting we think.

Have a great week.

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment