martes, el 14 de enero de 2014


Buenos noches...sort of.

I am still in the hospital and there is no real update on my status. All the initial worrisome possible causes of my blood cells and platelet issues, have come back negative.

The counts have not improved, nor has my glowing red rash, but I have less of a headache and the ear aches are almost gone too.

The belly is tender, but I have been able to eat 1/4 of a meal 3 times a day. What a diet.

More blood work tonight and tomorrow a new team (blood doctors) will be looking into this and putting their heads together. They now we have a flight on Thursday and they will make some recommendations in the morning, so we can plan accordingly.

If they say I can travel, off we go. If they feel I need to stick around for a treatment, this will take a few days and then Bex y Max will head home and I will follow.

Bex has been a trooper, and these next 2 days will be the toughest...hang in there girl!! Max has been a good boy, but it will be easier to take care of him in our own casa and the Mexican environment. Hello...playas and no winter clothes!!

The only good news so far? I talked with the travel insurance peeps via the phone, and they say I have tons of $$ coverage and that if I am admitted into the hospital (as I am) on the day the policy expires, the policy continues for 120 hours after I am discharged.

That and there is a $5000 travel benefit, so I might be able to miss the flight home and have the new one covered. Stay tuned.

You are up to date.

I had a nice visit from an amigo, Svenner. Nice to catch up and nice that he would come all the way downtown from the aeropuerto, vs home to Langley. Good guy.

Hasta mañana.

Marco


No comments:

Post a Comment