lunes, el 13 de enero de 2014


Please, please let this "vacation" end!!

Let's see how this latest situation rolled out...went to the hospital last night at 8pm and based on my symptoms, the check in peeps said it was the flu. I said that if it was the flu, it was the worst flu I had ever had.

Very quickly, a student examined me and I left him very confused with the symptoms. Another short wait and the doctor came to look and she too was confused. I have sore ears, a headache, an upper belly discomfort, fatigue and I am glowing red like a sun burned lobster.

Time for blood work and the doctor tells me she will give me some meds.

I am in a busy ER dept, sleeping on a bed for an hour, when a crusty B-ach asks me to wait in the very cold waiting room, with the colorful clients of downtown Vancouver.

An hour goes by and I say to the friendly check in lady as she walks by "I think they have forgotten about me". Her response was no they haven't it is just busy,

Another 30 minutos and I am hustled back into a room and told I have very low white cells and platelets, but they do not know why. The doctor apologizes...she forgot about me!!

They want me on an IV and want me to see the internal medicine peeps, but that will be hours away. Time to pay for more parking and call Bex to let her know.

I head back to check in and let them know I am back and I had to ensure the gal at the front knew the doctor HAD forgotten about me!! These peeps have a job to do, and deal with a ton of wackiness, but that doesn't mean you have to be jaded and/or dismissive!!

So, between 8pm and 4am, I saw 4 doctors, 4 med students, had 15 vials of blood taken, had an EKG and x-rays as well.

I slept until 6am, listening to someone scream out like a parrot every 10 minutes. I was then moved into a room in the long term stay dept. I am placed next to a Chinese man who has had some stomach surgery and everyone is happy that he is farting as much as he is...I guess it means everything is working. Working for him that is. Yikes.

Not the quietest group of peeps next door...sounded like Hon's kitchen.

I have slept most of the day, been given a few shots and also wheeled out for an ultrasound. And at 9pm, they wheeled me into my own private room because with my white cell count so low, they are worried I will catch some thing else due to the low immune system.

Bex y Max popped by twice today, and I feel bad for her. This has been NO vacation and now she has to take care of the lil'man by herself, while we try to figure out what s wrong with me and if this will impact our travel plans for Thursday.

Great to be in a big Canadian city to have this looked into, pretty sure this could not be dealt with if it happened in Huatulco.

Current opinion from the doctors? I have an infection that has caused my cells and platelet count to drop, and leave me with this bright red sunburn/rash. What caused the infection, they do not know.

Their treatment is to let me sleep, take more blood mañana and then see if there has been improvement.

I have seen some improvement over the day, but it has swung back and forth and at 930pm, I have all my symptoms back. Argh.

I know there have been no blog entries the past few days, but I did try. Here is what I started for Saturday...


Buenos días!!

Currently 445am and all my pain meds have worn off, so I am now awake waiting for the next batch to kick in. Who knows, maybe I will be up before the lil'man?

Saw THIS little gem of an article online. You will never guess who the Wall Street Journal rated as the worst airline of 2013!!

Hey, good news. I am sleepy again. Wish me luck y hasta pronto.

And this is what I started for Sunday...



It is official...this is the worst vacation ever. Yes, I am hating and stating.

Currently 1045am and Bex, who now has a cold, is getting Max down for a siesta and then will join in. She slept from 830pm until 8am with a few Max wake ups.

Me? I slept 830pm until 6am, when Max woke up, and I felt better'ish, until I actually got out of bed.

I managed to hang with Max, we went to Safeway for more expensive piña, until 8am but then I could not keep my head up.

Bex took over and I grabbed a few hours more sleep, which really hasn't helped. I think the doctor mis-diagnosed me, so I am about to go search out a new opinion.

Highlights of Saturday? Max and I trudged through a foot of new snow and went to McD for breakfast. The boys sat around for 30 minutes and enjoyed our Desayunos Grande!!

Back in Vancouver, Bex y Max went for a bici ride and Max saw a ton of patos, he seemed to enjoy the ducks.

Ok, you are all caught up.

I did enjoy seeing my familia and big thanks go out to my parents and sister in law for the great dinner, and to mi hermana for the pies and mi otra hermana for sending all the presents to the lil'man. Navidad in enero!!

Of course a big gracias to mi hermano for always opening his casa to us when we come to visit.

And to my partner, lo siento. Sorry this has been no fun and all work. Next vacation...Disney!!

Hasta mañana.

Marco


No comments:

Post a Comment