viernes, el 14 de septiembre de 2012



Life as we knew it…over!! Max will not stay in the Party Palace anymore. One leg on the ground, one on a tote, and using his arms, he is pulling himself up and over…muy peligroso. So?

So the cuna is now in the sala…and he is NOT contento. Time to niño proof the condo…doph. Stay tuned.

Ok, as for the day…where to start?

Another early morning and with no PP, the am rutina was changed up slightly. Max and I had the siesta and then went for a walk.

We were at Gabriels and Max was unslung, when he started to be VERY attracted to some silver on the bottom shelf of a display.

I lowered my tone and said “Max”. He stopped moving and looked at me. A few minutes later, same scenario. And the third time? His bottom lip started quivering and he became sad.

So cute…in a good way. Max seems to know right from wrong, and it impacted him. I scooped him up, gave him a big hug and kiss and all was well.

We were out longer then planned…and it was a hot one. We hustled home as I had a media-día cita con el Doctor.

Another Mexican custom? The Doctor makes house visits…but is NEVER on time!!

So I chatted up his esposa who was as usual, curious about Max.

The verdict from Dr Carillo? My test came back negative…no kidney stone. So he agrees with me that it was probably stomach related and gave me the name of a product to buy that should help me out.

He did give me a quick ultrasound to check for stones. He actually gave me two…I had to remind him the issue had been on my left side…not my right side!! Ja ja ja

But that’s ok…he got to show off his new $40k US ultrasound machine.

I also found out that his daughters spent a summer in Vancouver, honing their ingles. And then I met one of his daughter’s while I was waiting to settle up, and she LOVED Vancouver, including her trip to Whistler. Hello!!

Oh, and total bill for the late night visit, the drogas, the visit today and the ultrasound demo? $1500 pesos. Not bad.

Madre y Max spent most of the day together, including a wacky nap. They had pool time and the famiia made a later day trip back to playa Santa Cruz, where Max wowed some tourists. Hello!!

But before the playa…I made it to el gimnasio!! Tough after a few days away, so I took it easy and will get back at’er on lunes. Por que Monday y not mañana? I am meeting the boys at 2pm for some chelas and will keep an ojo on Max until then, so madre can get caught up on some oficina work.

Tough gig…more time with the little hombre!!

We have discovered he does not like the pitch black…just like his padre. He has been waaaay better at sleeping once we opened one curtain.

Tonight he was trying to fall asleep…head up to look around, and then head down onto the bed. Again and again. I picked him up and held him for only 1 or 2 minutes, before he winked at me, and fell asleep. No rocking needed…success!!

I waited a few minutes for him to settle, the lay him down on the bed and ta-da!! He is getting smarter and smarted every day!!

With the concrete walls, we have always been careful when he stands next to them, or horses around…we have had a few clunks. He quickly learned that me saying “careful Max” and then tapping my head with my hand and then the wall as well, meant to be careful. He would actually stop what he was doing, look at us and then proceed slower.

Ayer, he was with madre, lightly tapped the wall and then lightly tapped his head on it. Success!! I guess we need to watch out for him tapping his head? Lol

Back at el gimnasio, I chatted up Anita and found out her day job is as a maestra of 15 four year old niños. Who knew? She is a funny lady…loves to play basketball y rapido, and then sit in front of the tele, and watch box…yes box, or as we call it, boxing.

Ok, that was our day.

Misc picture. A while back, Bex created this character for a client's book.


Now, the client has taken the image, had it made into a full size cut out that peeps can have their foto taken with when they attend her conferences!! Cool eh? If Bex could only get $10 pesos a foto like Max does!! ja ja ja

Mañana…Max, Pucks for chelas, Che for real leche (here’s hoping) and then madre’s pizza para la cena!! It is also burger domingo this weekend!!

The race? I think it is noon on domingo…the first race to the Cup!!

Oh, and what is special about 15 de septiembre in Mexico? Hello!! El Grito!! And follow that on the 16th with Día de la Independencia!!
 
I hear all the school kids will be in a parade sábado por la noche y domingo por la mañana…if I am able to see them…fotos for the blog!!

What is El Grito? Click HERE to read all about it!!

Did you know that Mexico’s real name (in ingles) is the United Mexican States? Esatdos Unidos Mexicanos.

Don’t forget to wish Oma a Feliz Cumpleaños on domingo!!

1015pm…Happy 35th Aniversario to Close Encounters of the Third Kind!! Have to record it as it will be over waaaay past my bed time!!

Oh, what? No fotos?

Of course there are fotos!!

Madre y Max







Padre y Max before our walk.


Bat caves clear padre!!


Playa Santa Cruz...tranquilo!!


Max le gusta nadar!!


Max le gusta salpicar!!





Buen fin de semana!!

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment