sábado, el 15 de septiembre de 2012



Just the not so little guy, grabbing his buddha and smiling at his madre.

Buenos noches y Feliz Día de Grito!!

A tranquilo day as the real fiesta starts mañana o at media noche as I have been told.

I was told that anoche there was a rodeo by Pucks and that’s the same place where the fiesta with mucho baile will occur tonight.

While I was out for chelas, Tony said he would not go to the fiesta, but if we did, go antes…before, 10pm. Por que?

I guess at media noche, it becomes Día de la Independencia and the policia look the other way as some peeps will bring out their armas (guns) for celebrating y protection.

Doph. So I clarified…maybe 1000 peeps at the fiesta, and 2 brings guns, thus the danger? Sí…claro. Sounds like a bbq in Scarborough!!

More about the chelas later.

The día? Great zzzz for the lil’guy…means much better zzzz for the familia. And we slept in…725am!!

That means later naps and we stick to the 2 nap schedule and an earlier night time rutina.

A VERY different start to the morning rutina, as we experimented with a much larger area for Max.


As drawn up by the Party Palace designer!!

But Max is having nothing of it. His goal, his morning mission, is to get out of any area that has been boxed in. The larger the area, just means the more area padre has to keep his ojo on.

If a football field was boxed in, Max would try to get out. Gotta love his spirit!! Oh, he is spirited!! Ja ja ja

So for the first 45 minutes of the morning, I watched Max and chased after him as he threw a leg up on every possible exit…and essentially made his way to freedom, except for padre intervening!!

But time for desayunos, so into the cuna while I prepared it…and he was not happy. It didn’t take long and madre told me later that while she was sleeping, she could hear the lil’guy wasn’t thrilled about the cuna…oh Max!!

And after breakfast? Off to Che!!

First off, stop at Nissan to confirm Carlos was joining Tony y yo at Pucks.

Hmmm…I guess his ONE word text of “Istmos”, was meant to tell me he was headed to Istmos and could not make the beers.

Doph. But we chatted it up and he was meeting his hermano at 2pm and leaving for Istmos at 4pm, so I told him to bring his brother along. And then Max and I hit the road.

No scores at Che….they didn’t have real leche…until I went back after my visit at Pucks. But we stocked up for the weekend and then Max and I came home, said hola to madre who was up, and then we siesta’d it.

Chorty nap and then out for our walk so madre could get more work done.

It was a HOT day….phew. No viento at mid day…ugh. But Max and I headed out and stopped at Gabriel’s so we could get him unslung and so he could visit con amigos y novias!!

Here are the fotos.

Max and his novias who work at the restaurante next to Gabriels.




GQ poser.



Max y Moises...$10 pesos please!!


What an advertising gimmick...a super cute niño in front of your business!!


Headed home after 45 minutes or so, and the lil’walker was pooped from walking and crawling, hot from the clima y thirsty!!

He tanked up and madre took over as I ate some comida and then headed out to meet mis amigos.

I popped into Nissan and Carlos clarified he was meeting his brother at the bus depot at 230pm, but would still join Tony and I. So off to Pucks…LOW season and not a person to be seen.

Tony joined me and around 245pm, Carlos shows up on his moto, with his hermano and the novia of his hermano on it as well.

Nice peeps…but in the next 2 hours, the senorita said nary a word. Timida, pero we were talking in Spanglish the whole time…no sé.

But we had a good time and the next thing I know, Carlos has postponed his departure from Huatulco, until 7pm…mas chelas!!

Great time for the 5 of us and I enjoyed watching Tony y Carlos teach Carlo’s hermano how to speak slower and rearrange some frases so I could understand them!! Good guys the two of them.

My favorite story? Tony was at home and he could not find his 2 year old hija, Camilla. He called his padre, who gave him crap for losing his daughter. He called his amigos to tell them to keep an eye open and he was even about to call la policia.

I am not sure how he found her…but their casa is very small…so I don’t even know how he lost her. Where was she for 15 minutes? In the oven eating dulces, candy. When Tony found her, she was todo tranquilo and happy!!

Tony? He told me his heart was pounding out of his chest…no doubt!! Glad it all ended well…he has been laughing at my stories about Max.

We all headed out…how did I end up with the bill again? Ja ja ja

11pm UPDATE

Poor lil’hombre is not sleeping well tonight. The first hour went well and then he has been falling asleep for a few minutes and then waking up grunting. Yup…he’s got some business to do and it isn’t cooperating.

He seems to fall asleep in madre’s arms, so that is where she is at. I stepped out and bought some gotas (drops) for colicos, and if his night continues to cause him problems, we will feed him the drops. Heck, just like the old days. Stay tuned.

To finish the day…

Sometimes the real milk arrives on sábado and it did, just after we had already been there once. But I lucked out, grabbed one and headed home. What is up with leche that is good for 4 days? Oh well, better then the UHT stuff.

Mi familia was in the alberca, so I threw the milk in the fridge and went and joined them. Then upstairs to prepare la cena, and you are caught up.

Some other fotos.

Max in the PP.




Given time, he would use the toy dish rack to tunnel his way into the condo below us.

The broom series.

Again with the tunneling. What he fails to realize is that even if he breaks through the wall and gets out of his cuna, he will be in the baño!!



The niño is fuerte!! Strong!!




Madre is teaching him to use a fork y knife!!


Mañana? Well, depending on how the night goes…it might be catch up on sleep domingo…doph!!

But there is a race at noon, I need to get a hold of mi madre to wish her Feliz Cumpleaños, and maybe we venture out to see how Huatulco is celebrating Día de la Independencia.

Read this screen shot from Wikipedia if you wish to read more about Mexico’s day of independence. As always, click on the image to increase it's size.


Have a great domingo.


Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment