Wednesday September 8, 2010

No big projects today, but it was a busy day.

Picked up some US $$ for travelling expenses, have the US credit card for other purchases. So easy in today's age...buy US $$ on line, transfer them to the credit card etc!!

After the US $$ it was off to the currency exchange to buy some pesos. Great rates today....11.92 pesos per  Cdn dollar. Need the pesos for on the road expenses after Nogales Arizona (tolls, food etc) as well as for immediate Huatulco expenses until I regain use of my Scotiabank account in Santa Cruz (lost the PIN and need to communicate that in Spanish).

Good news...I thought I would need to spend $400 to cancel my Roger's cell account, but instead I signed up for a 40 minute/month plan for $13/month and they knocked $5 off/month...so I have an emergency use phone for $8/month. If you do call...please don't expect to hear from me. Waaaay expensive to use it in Mexcio. Will look into that Magic Jack and/or a Mexican cell #. And there is always iChat and email!!

Not so good news...I think the spring on the clutch pedal is shot. Hopefully it only needs some lube...back to Nissan at 8am. Better here then Nogales Mexico!!

Did a great hike up Grouse with Mike from 55. 1100 calories and average heart rate of 135...feels good.

And then I put on 1000 calories by eating a piece of Mom's leftover lasagna!! Worth every calorie!!

Ok...the word of the day. It is needed when we come back in January for "el snowboarding". The word is "la nieve" and they do have some in Mexico...just outside Mexico City. Yup, it is snow.

Clutch pedal update tomorrow.

Saludos

No comments:

Post a Comment